Monday, February 27

My Obsessions


The Good Men Project

I discovered The Good Men Project and have fallen in love.  This website looks to answer the question "What does it mean to be a good man?"  The website features articles about sex and gender, sports and education, marriage and families.  I think they say it best themselves:

"Guys today are neither the mindless, sex-obsessed buffoons nor the stoic automatons our culture so often makes them out to be. Our community is smart, compassionate, curious, and open-minded; they strive to be good fathers and husbands, citizens and friends, to lead by example at home and in the workplace, and to understand their role in a changing world. The Good Men Project is a place where that happens. We’re glad to have you along for the ride."

I discovered this website from an article called "Why Women Aren't Crazy" by Yashar Ali.  This article is incredible and completely changed the way that I try to treat others and, more importantly, how I treat myself.  I would recommend it to anyone, male and female.  

Some other favorites:

"Unwanted Sex vs. Rape"- explains that difference between Actus reus, a guilty act, and Mens rea, a guilty mind. 

"What Makes Dudes Cry?"- pretty self-explanatory

"Confronting Life"- a really interesting video/ essay arguing against protestors in front of abortion clinics



Charlieissocoollike

I first discovered Charlie McDonnell from watching his roommate's YouTube video's called "Alex Reads Twilight." This kid is funny, clever, and British.  So great.





Music

Bon Iver, of course

Ryan Gosling's band Dead Man's Bones

String by Young the Giant

Blood- The Middle East

And weirdly enough

No comments:

Post a Comment